The main purpose of a Production Head is to oversee the manufacturing process within SGB-SMIT Calidus and to ensure that production operations run safely without any problems and minimum downtime. Working together with supervisors and top management and ensure that transformer components are manufactured to approved quality specifications and standards. Maintain and adheres to other safety/industry-related regulations.
The Production Head will oversee the production process, coordinating all production activities and operations. You will need to: plan and draw up a production schedule, decide on and order the resources that are required and ensure stock levels remain adequate. This role is expected to improve employee morale, maintain and manage discipline in the workplace as well as training of production employees.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are met.
- Setting up product lines and manage productivity.
- Ensure that production targets are met through efficient deployment of resource.
- Determine manpower capacity and ensure effective utilization of human resources and production material.
- Responsible for maintenance in the whole of SGB-SMIT CALIDUS specifically within conductor conductor and insulation.
- Ensure that environmental and safety standards are implemented and adhered to.
- Planning and organising production schedules – work with the team to plan, schedule and perform production activities.
- Follow up on Work Orders.
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed.
- Ensure all raw materials, packaging, etc. are available by liaising with the Supply Chain department.
- Complete weekly Time sheets, approve and submit to Payroll Administrator.
- Assist Internal sales and coordination departments with customer liaison, delivery dates and tender approvals.
Qualification and Experience
- 5 years of manufacturing / production experience with minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Degree/Diploma in Production Management or Mechanical Engineering or a 3-year technical qualification.
- OSHAS 45001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14000.
- Maintaining discipline in the workplace
- Project Management skills
- Managing employee training and development
- Identifying problems / opportunities and implement preventative strategies to minimise risk.
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer literacy
- Numerical skills
- Leadership and Interpersonal skills
- Production machinery knowledge/awareness
- Problem-solving skills
- Good organisational skills and efficiency
- Team working skills
- Hands on (Participation in manufacturing and training)
Deadline: 8 December 2021
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. Telephone no.: (012) 318 9911