Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Any relevant qualification in Carpentry or technical discipline.
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in a production environment.
- Strong communications skills, problem solving, organizational and delegation skills.
- Motivate team members and assess performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, manage (supervise) and control work performed by the team – people, materials, and other resources.
- Ensure the team manning and materials are adequate and available as per production plan to meet production targets.
- Supervise, lead, and develop the team engaged in Production Insulation to ensure suitable competencies and resources for continuous production to always achieve production targets (quality and throughput), including training.
- Directs workers or participates in adjusting machines or equipment.
- Ensure clear and timeous communication to direct production team and all supporting departments (Quality, HSE, Supply chain, Engineering, etc.)
- Perform continuous roaming inspections on production floor to inspects finished or in process parts.
- Oversee operators performing activities according to method provisions, work instructions and quality standards.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to Quality and HSE standards and policies.
Deadline: 16 September 2021
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. Telephone no.: (012) 318 9911
SGB-SMIT Group is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.